Newfold Community Primary School
Following a rigorous validation process, Newfold Community Primary School are the proud recipients of ARTSMARK GOLD status.
We have worked hard over the last few years to ensure the variety, quantity and quality of Arts provision available for our school community meets the very high expectations we always strive for.
Thank you to every member of our community for their support in driving forward outstanding arts provision.
Please have a look at our Arts page and see some of the fantastic things we have been getting up to at School.
WHAT ARTSMARK SAY.....
Artsmark supports Arts Council England’s goal of ensuring that every child and young person has the opportunity to experience the richness of the arts and culture.
Developing closer ties between education, arts practitioners and arts organisations benefits young people, teaching staff and professional artists. Good working relationships can address the needs and priorities of individuals and groups when built into the curriculum and sustained over a period of time.
The benefits of Artsmark
Artsmark demonstrates that your arts provision is all inclusive for every child and young person. In particular, Artsmark:
- provides a comprehensive audit tool, setting benchmarks for evaluating arts provision and enabling you to identity areas for development
- supports successful and sustainable relationships between education settings and arts and cultural organisations
- embeds and enriches arts and cultural experiences across your school or setting as a whole
- allows you to show you are proud of your school or setting’s achievements and are ambitious for the future
- will help to promote your school or organisation to prospective students, their families and across the wider community
- is a way of celebrating and recognising your school or setting's success in the arts and culture
- provides valuable specialist advice about developing and building your arts and cultural provision through the Artsmark network
- contributes to the cultural aspect of Ofsted’s requirement that a school promotes students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
'Artsmark is a great way of encouraging schools to bring the arts to our children! The arts are a marvellous vehicle for bringing children together and exposure to them has been proved to have a beneficial effect not only on their other school subjects but also on their general well-being and feelings of self esteem.'
The Arts 2015 - 16
Pop Project - The school were pleased to welcome back the Pop Project. The theme this time was Britishness and it was a great success. Check out the photos on the Arts board in school or in the portfolio.
Step into Shakespeare - A group of gifted and talented year 6 pupils went to Shevington High to participate in a Shakespeare day.
Key Stage Two visit to Southport Theatre to watch Aladdin.
Early Years and Key Stage One Nativity shows.
Key Stage Two annual Carol Concert at St Luke's Church.
Choir - performance at the church.
Plastercine club - Key Stage One
Dance club Y6/Y3
UHHS Dance Show in January. Key Stage One, Year 4 girls and year 5 boys took part in the show. It was fantastic!
Choir performance at UHS Community Concert in March
Key Stage One and Year 3 watched a visiting pantomime.
NEWFOLD'S GOT TALENT!
Wow! After nearly 100 auditions, finalists were chosen ........
There was a packed hall to watch the pupils perform. The winners were:-
Well done to all pupils who auditioned and who took part in the finals.